B.A. (History) – ArtsSahaswi Group of Institutions
BA in History or Bachelor of History is a 3 years Undergraduate degree course that deals with the 3 major periods, i.e. Ancient, Post Classical and Modern. BA in History is one of the top most studied courses and is taught in several colleges across India. The eligibility criteria for studying BA in History is, students have to clear their Class 12 board examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
Who Should Pursue BA in History?
- Students who are willing to make a career in History can pursue BA in History
- Students who want to specialize in Archaeology, Museology and Archival Studies can take up BA in History
- Any student who want to take up research in history as a career option can study BA in History, followed by MA in History and finally PhD in History
- History is a very important and common topic in the Civil Service exam, so any students who wish to sit for the Civil Service exam should study history and get clarity on the subject.
BA in History Admission Process
Candidates who aspire to pursue BA in History are required to appear for various entrance exams that are conducted by Colleges / Universities across the country.
The entrance exams can be both MCQ-based or might have subjective questions, carrying 25 marks for each question. The syllabus for BA in History entrance examination generally covers topics studied in +2 board exams.
BA in History Eligibility
Students who aspire to pursue BA in History should follow the mentioned eligibility criteria in order to enroll themselves in colleges providing BA in History courses,
- Should who cleared Class 12 board exams from a recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate marks or equal CGPA are eligible for applying
- Should have English as a compulsory subject in Class 12