B.ComSahaswi Group of Institutions
BCom full form is Bachelor of Commerce. BCom is a three-year undergraduate program. BCom course is designed to impart Analytical skills, Financial Literacy, Business Acumen, etc, to the students by focusing more on the theoretical aspects.
BCom Admissions for top BCom Colleges in India like Shri Ram College of Commerce, Hindu College, Ramjas College, Loyola College etc, are done both on the basis of merit and through various entrance exams as well. Some of the top entrance exams conducted for enrolling students in BCom courses are IPU CET, DUET, NPAT, BHU UET etc.
During the 3-years BCom degree, the aspirants will learn about the general business principles, and at the same time, study core commerce subjects such as finance, economics, accounting, actuarial studies, business management, etc.
BCom: Admission Process
The Admission Process for BCom admissions involves various procedures at various institutions.
- Direct Admissions: Direct admission for the BCom course takes place without any entrance exams. Students are admitted on the basis of their marks in class 12 boards exams. The list is prepared after the board’s exams release their results.
- Entrance Exams: Some universities and colleges like Delhi University admit students to the Bachelor of Commerce course based on their marks in national or state level entrance exams like IPU CET, DUET, BHU, etc.
BCom: Eligibility Criteria
As different colleges have different criteria, some of the common eligibility criteria for BCom admissions 2021 are mentioned below.
- Candidates must have completed and passed class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The minimum percentage for BCom admission varies from college to college. Delhi University’s cutoff for BCom admission ranges in the area of 99%, whereas, for some colleges, it can be a minimum of 45 percent.
- Students from any stream can apply for BCom admission but, a candidate can get preference over candidates from other streams if he/she/zee has completed 10+2 with Commerce.
- Some colleges conduct entrance examinations for admissions in BCom. Candidates qualifying in BCom entrance exams are given admission based on marks secured in these examinations.