B.E Computer ScienceSahaswi Group of Institutions
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science), known as BE Computer Science in short, is a full-time engineering undergraduate degree course in the field of computer science. It deals with the design, maintenance, construction and operation of computer hardware and software. The duration of this course is 4 years which are divided into 8 semesters.
In order to be eligible for the course, the candidates must study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the 10+2 level with English as a compulsory language. Candidates will have to secure a minimum of 75% aggregate marks at 10+2 level to be eligible for the JEE exam.
The course explores various topics related to computer science engineering in complete detail. Some of the subjects taught in this course include object-oriented programming, data structures and database management, operating systems, computer architecture, among others.
BE Computer Science Admission Process
- Admission to BE Computer Science is mainly based on the entrance examination score.
- Most of the colleges select candidates through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and other state-level entrance exams like TNEA, WBJEE, etc.
- Few of the reputed institutes conduct their own entrance examination along with personal interviews in order to select the candidates for this course.
- Some of the popular institute-level entrance exams are BITSAT, Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test, among others.
BE Computer Science Eligibility Criteria
- For the BE Computer Science course, candidates have to pass their 10+2 examinations in science stream from a recognized board.
- They must study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with English as a compulsory language at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates willing to take admission through the JEE examination will have to secure a minimum of 75% marks at the 10+2 level.
- For the state level entrance exams, the minimum marks may vary from one state to another. But most of these exams set minimum marks required in the range of 50% to 60%.
- To apply for this course, the candidate must be minimum 17 years of age or above.
- There is an attempt limit on JEE exam. A candidate can attempt JEE exam for a maximum of three times, that too in three consecutive years.