B.Litt. (Tamil) – ArtsSahaswi Group of Institutions
B.Lit. or BLit course is an undergraduate course and the usual duration of the programs is 3 years. This program emphasizes literary works within a social and historical context and has foundations in literary theory, literature, and writing.
It is a degree that gives its students literary insights into cultural values, attitudes, and ideas of culture particularly and society at large. The main subjects included in this degree program are grammar, medieval literature, environmental education, Sangam literature, etc.
B.Lit is a popular course of study in Tamil, Hindi, English, and other languages, however, it can be studied in an Indian or Foreign language. This course is an excellent career choice for students who want to explore ideas and gain an understanding of various types of literature.
What is the Admission Process for BLit?
- Log in to the official website of the college/university and register yourself in order to get the user ID and password.
- ·Once you have logged into your admission account you have to read all the instructions carefully before starting.
- Fill the different fields in the application form such as personal information, academic information, course preference, etc.
- Upload all the documents that are needed including proof for date of birth, passport size photograph, class 10 & 12 mark sheets, character certificate, transfer/ migration certificate, passport size photograph, and category certificate (if applicable).
- The college/university will prepare a merit list of the top candidates.
- After shortlisting of the candidates, the shortlisted candidates will be called for the round of counseling and document verification.
- Candidates found eligible will be granted admission to this course.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for BLit?
A candidate must qualify the following eligibility criteria in order to pursue a BLit course from any college or university. The eligibility criteria for BLit are mentioned below.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th examination and should have studied the language they are seeking to specialize in the course.