B.Sc. (Psychology)Sahaswi Group of Institutions
B.Sc Psychology is a three years undergraduate psychology course. This course duration for BSc Psychology is three years which includes six semesters. BSc Psychology subjects provide in-depth analysis to understand the attitudes, emotions, dispute resolutions, motivation, pressure management, human behavior organized by the functions like Cerebral processes, and characteristics of the brain.
Psychology as a course is gaining popularity gradually in India. As of now, there are 669 Psychology Colleges in India, offering psychology, with 870 courses all total.
Some of the best colleges providing Psychology courses in India are Christ University, Loreto College, Kolkata, PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore, Presidency College, Chennai, etc.
BSc Psychology Admission Process
There are certain norms that the aspirants need to come through to pursue BSc in Psychology. These include age criteria, educational qualification, scoring par the cut off etc.
BSc Psychology Eligibility
For admission into this course, UGC has set specific eligibility criteria. The criteria mentioned below are common for most universities and colleges across the country that offer a BSc in Psychology.
- Candidates are required to pass the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- Candidates should pass the qualifying examination in the Science stream with biology as a mandatory subject.
- During admission Candidate’s age should be more than 17 years and less than 35 years.
- Candidates should keep in mind that there will be no supplementary in any of the subjects at 10+2 or equivalent level. All the subjects need to be cleared at the time of admission.
- Apart from that, candidates are required to clear the standard and university-level entrance exams with a required grade or scores to get admission to premier colleges.
- If a candidate is applying with reservation criteria, then he/she should mention their additional eligibility criteria to complete the admission process.