Hospital AdministrationSahaswi Group of Institutions
The human resources, law and order, and financial aspects of a hospital are planned, directed, and coordinated by a specific workforce. These are a group of individuals who have specialized in hospital administration and management sciences.
They collaborate with other professionals such as doctors, paramedical staff, and nurses. Their duties include:
- Restocking and replenishing the materials (consumables) to meet daily requirements.
- Assigning responsibilities to regulate the activities and services of the staff.
- Ensuring that the patients do not face any unwanted problems as a result of mismanagement, inefficiency, or maladministration during their stay at the hospital.
Course Curriculum For HA
The course curriculum is so devised that the students are entirely transformed into responsible professionals at the end of the course. To achieve this, the basic subjects in the course curriculum are:
- Healthcare delivery system
- Medical terminology
- Hospital and Health system (History and Evolution)
- Hospital organizational structure
- Hospital operation management
- Principles of management
- Clinical administrative and supportive services
- Management information system
- Functional hospital organization
- Billing and insurance
- Patient communication
- Hospital related law
These are the core subjects that one has to study. A more advanced and in-depth study of these subjects with a focus on specific and individual aspects are studied in the advanced diploma and bachelor’s courses.