M.A.(Sociology)Sahaswi Group of Institutions
Master of Arts in Sociology or MA Sociology is a postgraduate course in Sociology which has a total duration of 2 years, divided into 4 semesters. This course revolves around the detailed study of society and different related mechanisms.
MA Sociology syllabus includes topics like Religion and Society, Political Sociology, Sociology of India, Economic Sociology, Sociology of Development, Methods of Sociological Research, etc.
MA Sociology Admission Process
The admission is done in two ways. It can either be on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance test or on the basis of their performance in graduation.
- The application forms are generally released in the month of June.
- The list of shortlisted candidates are mostly displayed on the website of the college.
MA Sociology Eligibility
The eligibility criteria vary from college to college. Here, we have listed some of the common MA Sociology eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidates:
- The students must complete his/her graduation in any undergraduate course. The students from Humanities background will have an advantage over others.
- The minimum graduation percentage may vary from 45% to 50%. The percentage differs from college to college.
- Some colleges also conduct their entrance test. The students need to clear the entrance test in order to be eligible for the course.
- A certain relaxation of percentage is given to the SC /ST / OBC/ PwD candidates.