M.Sc. (Information Technology)Sahaswi Group of Institutions
Master of Science or MSc in information technology IT is a 2 years long postgraduate level master’s degree program. MSc IT aims to provide theoretical as well as practical knowledge on topics like software development, data mining, computer systems, analytics, etc.
The candidates willing to join the MSc IT program should possess a Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines like BSc in IT/ CS, BCA, BE/ BTech in IT or CS from a recognized university. They must also score a minimum of 50% percent marks in graduation to be eligible for the course. See: MSc IT Admission 2022
The total cost of pursuing the course ranges from INR 80,000 to INR 3,00,000 depending upon the college of choice. Some of the MSc IT Colleges offer admission on the basis of entrance tests, while some other institutes offer admission on the basis of marks obtained during graduation.
MSc IT Admission Process
- Admission to this course is done on the basis of entrance examination or marks scored in graduation or both, depending on the institute of choice.
- Many universities organize their own entrance examination.
- One of the most popular examinations is TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test).
- TANCET is an MCQ-based examination organized by Anna University. Admission to the colleges of Tamil Nadu is made through this examination. Check the TANCET Cutoff in top colleges.
- All the universities publish notifications regarding their admission process, students can apply for admission once the notification is published.
MSc IT Eligibility
To apply for the MSc Information Technology course, the candidate should fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria, as mentioned below.
- Candidates should have passed graduation from a recognized university in a relevant discipline.
- Some of the examples for relevant disciplines are BSc in IT/ CS, BCA, BE/ BTech in IT or CS, BCom with IT as a subject.
- Though the minimum marks requirement criteria varies from university to university, most of the top universities demand for minimum 50% marks in graduation.
Other eligibility criteria like the minimum age, etc. can vary depending on the institution. The candidate must confirm the eligibility criteria from the official website of the institute.