- November 24, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, UG Programs
B.Sc Fisheries or Bachelor of Science in fisheries is a 4-year undergraduate course. There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in the field of Fisheries & Aquaculture. The degree in Fisheries Science is a science degree, you must have studied science with biology till class 12. B.Sc Fisheries Science degree is the academic course of managing and understanding fisheries. It draws on the disciplines of aquaculture like breeding, genetics, farming, nutrition, etc.
Basically, B.Sc Fisheries Science is the study of freshwater, marine, and/or estuaries aquatic systems that involve humans. A fishery is any body of water with which humans interact, such as in the form of fishing or swimming. A body of water that does not involve human interaction in one form or another is not a fishery.
Especially, B.Sc Fisheries Science degree includes the study of fishes, ecosystem, diseases and their foods, etc. In fact, B.Sc Fisheries Science degree holders analyze the ecological health and sustainability of fisheries, how the health of fisheries affects the people who interact with them, and vice versa.
B.Sc Fisheries Science course study involves fishing processing such as curing, canning, freezing, value addition, by-products, waste utilization, quality assurance and certification, fisheries microbiology, and fisheries biochemistry. Fisheries microbiology and fisheries resource management include biology, anatomy, taxonomy, physiology, and population dynamics.
The fisheries’ environment involves oceanography, limnology, ecology, biodiversity, and aquatic pollution. Fishing technology comprises craft engineering, navigation, seamanship, and marine engines. Fisheries economics and management and fisheries extension. The above-mentioned factors are learned from B.Sc Fisheries Science program.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc Fisheries Science course:
To enroll B.Sc Fisheries Science program, students should complete 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in the science stream from a recognized college. Students have to clear entrance exams taken by colleges and universities to get admission to B.Sc Fisheries Science program.
- First, fill and submit your application form online. If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a call from our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submission to book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidance throughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!