- November 7, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, UG Programs
B.Sc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate course in the medical field. This course mainly deals with the development of skills, training, values, and knowledge as mentioned in National Health Policy 2002 about critical care.
B.Sc Nursing syllabus consists of subjects like Physiology, Anatomy, Excretory System, Muscular System, etc. BSc Nursing course is available in both govt and private colleges. BSc Nursing course job opportunities include community health nurse, registered nurse, nursing superintendent, military nurse, and more.
The B.Sc Nursing syllabus mainly focuses on Midwifery and Obstetrics Nursing, Anatomy and Physiology Embryology Preparation for Delivery Physiology of Labour.
Eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing:
The eligibility for the B.Sc Nursing degree may vary from one institute to another.
- All those who have cleared class 12th with Science stream from a recognized board/university are eligible to apply for BSc Nursing.
- The minimum age for admission is 17 years as of 31st December of the year in which admission is desired, and 35 years is the maximum age for eligibility.
- Candidates should have scored at least 45% aggregate marks in class 12 from a recognized board/university.
- Also, it is mandatory to clear the English subject individually. Also, the candidate should be medically fit.
- It requires a 10+2 and a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery-GNM and registration from the State Nurses Registration Council.
- It requires the candidate to submit proof of training under the Indian Nursing Council in any domain like Ophthalmic Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing etc.
Benefits of B.Sc Nursing course:
Here below are few more benefits of opting nursing profession.
- Several Job Opportunities – In nursing, there are endless job opportunities. After completing the B.Sc Nursing course, there will be many placements offers to avail. All you need to do is to take admitted to the top BSc nursing colleges. As the scope of nursing is too wide.
- High-paying Salary Packages of Nurses – Another perk is that you will get to enjoy high-scale salaries in the nursing profession. As everyone wants to earn handsome salary packages and nursing offers a good amount of salaries all over the globe. With the nursing profession, you can make that possible.
- Fringe benefits – One also gets many fringe benefits in the nursing profession. From accommodation, food facilities, and various other additional benefits. Paid leaves, sick leaves, and PTO’s also come under these fringe benefits.
Skills and career for of B.Sc Nursing degree holders:
The major purpose involved in taking this course is:
- Provide nursing care in stages in the nursing process in collaboration with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate an understanding of lifestyle and other factors that affect the health of individuals and groups.
- Use the latest trends and technologies in healthcare.
BSc Nursing degree trains students in areas of critical care and incorporates values necessary to become nurses and midwives. When pursuing the B.Sc Nursing syllabus, the students are exposed to all the vital and key concepts of the medical sciences.
Graduates with a B.Sc Nursing degree have diverse job opportunities in public and private hospitals, such as Staff Nurses, Nursing Administrators, Nursing Managers, Military Nurses, etc.
The foremost advantages are the best job opportunities all over the globe.
Moreover, in the nursing profession, one can get good salary packages. As every country is confronting a shortage of nurses, so this also leads to a positive point to go for the nursing profession. Eventually, nurses can expect to earn INR 2.5 – 3 lakhs as fresher, and INR 5 – 6 lakhs per annum for over 5 years of experience.