- November 22, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, PG Programs
The M.Sc Botany is a postgraduate course for students who already completed the UG program in this field. Actually, Botany or plant biology is a branch of biology which involves the scientific study of plant life and its related aspects. It covers a wide range of scientific disciplines involved with the study of plants, algae, and fungi. M.Sc Botany degree also includes structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups.
In particular, M.Sc Botany program covers all the related topics of the study fields related to botany. And its syllabus is designed in a way that not only imparts theoretical but also practical training also. The duration of the course is two complete years, and the syllabus for the course is divided into four long semesters. M.Sc Botany degree is important and career-oriented in nature, which opens many job scopes for the candidates after the completion of the course.
Eligibility Criteria of M.Sc Botany course:
The process of admission for the M.Sc Botany program in India requires the aspirants to complete their course corresponding to any bachelor’s degree. Especially, that UG degree should be relevant to biology with any discipline with a minimum of 50 percent aggregate marks in completing a B.Sc degree along with the entrance exam. Along with the essential eligibility criteria, the students pursuing the M.Sc Botany course should also have cleared the standard entrance examination with good marks from any reputed institute in order to get admission. There is no specific age limit or criteria available for getting admission.
- The candidates should also have passed B.Sc. Examination with at least 40% marks in the theory papers at the external examinations too.
- In various reputed colleges and universities, there is an entrance exam conducted for admission.
- The students must have a BSc degree in Botany, Biological sciences, or Life sciences, however, the Zoology students can also apply for this course.
- A candidate should come to the course after a minimum of higher education and college for years of continuous study, with bio-science in 10+2 level.
- The graduates must have clear verbal and written communication skills, a high level of curiosity about the world around them, and be creative in solving problems.
Future Scope of M.Sc Botany course:
One student should possess a good understanding of the scientific method and the importance of scientific research. They should be detail-oriented in their work and should have good interpersonal skills and mental stamina to work long hours. Other essential skills are Computer skills to keep up with new findings in plant science, botanists, etc.
The M.Sc Botany students should possess problem-solving skills and technical skills. In addition, the botany postgraduate needs applied creativity on understanding the work and strong interpersonal skills that include networking, leadership, and conflict resolution. Some skills are as follows;
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Data Analysis
The M.Sc Botany program student may build a career in many paths. Starting from the field of school teachers to microbiological research, different fields and job profiles are open for these graduates of this course. This course is in demand and specifically for the academic sector. Most of the schools prefer to appoint M.Sc Botany candidates as teachers.
After completing M.Sc Botany degree, you will be serving under the finest and most reputed organizations. This also offers the graduates an option to go for further studies or doctoral-level studies. Besides, it provides you with the opportunity to work in various departments of government institutions.
- First, fill and submit your application form online. If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a call from our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submission to book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidance throughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!