- November 21, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, PG Programs, Science
M.Sc Microbiology course is an advanced 2-year postgraduate program. This course deals with the combined application of chemistry and biology. Students understand the functions of living organisms and their relation to the environment. After M.Sc Microbiology degree, graduates can find a variety of job opportunities such as Quality Control Executive, Associate Researcher, Academic Lecturer, Microbiological Auditor, Lab Technician, and Clinical Executive.
The syllabus for M.Sc Microbiology is curated in a manner to incorporate all the important concepts in the field of microbiology. After the completion of M.Sc Microbiology degree, students can jobs in roles such as Academic Lecturer, Researcher, Microbiologist, Lab Technician, Quality Assurance Executive, Clinical Data Associate, Clinical Executive, and Clinical Reviewer.
Mentioned below are some core subjects in the Masters in Microbiology syllabus. They are Virology, Enzymology, Microbial Genetics, immunology, Bioinformatics, Microbial Physiology, Bioinstrumentation, Bioprocess Engineering, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of M.Sc Microbiology course:
For M.Sc Microbiology degree admissions, aspirants of the course must ensure the basic eligibility criteria. The basic M.Sc Microbiology eligibility criteria are passing the B.Sc degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institute. Students must also have had core subjects related to the field of microbiology. Apart from merit-based eligibility, certain M.Sc microbiology colleges conduct an entrance-based selection process for the same. There is no minimum age limit for applying for the M.Sc Microbiology program.
Following are the M.Sc Microbiology eligibility criteria to be followed by the candidates:
- Mark sheets of classes X and XII are required with a minimum percentage of 50% or more.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology from a recognized university or an equivalent with a minimum mark of 55% or more.
- For institutes that hold an entrance exam, students must clear the entrance exam and make it to the cut off or merit list
- MSc Microbiology can be studied after completing graduation in the fields of Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physiology and Microbiology.
- MSc Microbiology studies the relationship of biology and chemistry with the environment, and its ecosystem.
Benefits of M.Sc Microbiology course:
M.Sc Microbiology program offers specializations in a variety of research areas such as virology, immunology, microbial physiology, bio instrumentation, microbial diversity, pharmaceutical microbiology, bioinformatics, microbial genetics, dairy microbiology, etc. A Master’s in Microbiology offers ample career opportunities to students after graduation. Some job roles available to students after graduating from M.Sc Microbiology colleges include Lab Technician, Microbiologist, Lecturer, Associate Researcher, Process Analyst, Quality Control Executive, Clinical Executive, Microbiological Auditor, Project Assistant, Research Scientist, etc.
However, in order to excel in the field of microbiology, students are required to possess a certain set of skills to stand out from the rest. These skills not only ensure a full-fledged understanding of the course tenets but also allow one to develop and grow in the job industry. Listed below are some of the skills that help one to excel in the field of microbiology. Moreover, M.Sc Microbiology program provides Research Skills, Analytical Skills, Leadership, Communication Skills, Listening Skills, Attention to Detail, IT skills, Numerical Skills, Interpersonal Skills, etc.
- First, fill and submit your application form online. If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a call from our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submission to book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidance throughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!
For Admission and queries:
Call: 73970 93334/ 73970 93335