- November 21, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, PG Programs
MSW or Master of Social Work is a 2-year specialized postgraduate course that deals with macro and micro aspects of professional social work practices in community centers, hospitals, schools, and other social service organizations. MSW degree holders have ample employment opportunities in international sectors with job roles like Social Worker, Project Coordinator, Program Manager, Community Health Worker, etc.
Basically, MSW degree is a social science course that aims in teaching students to utilize resources to eradicate the problems of society and try to alleviate their suffering through counseling, funds, or different social methods. Master of Social Work course provides specialized knowledge about various subjects related to social work. It includes the study of Labour Welfare, Human Resource Development & Management, Rural Reconstruction, Child Rights & Child Protection, Community Development, and much more.
Eligibility Criteria for Master of Social Work Course:
Admission for the MSW Course in India begins with checking the course’s eligibility criteria, including a minimum aggregate of 45-50% in a Bachelor of Social Work or an equivalent degree in any reputed University or Institution. If not a percentage, there must be an equal CGPA. A passing score is required on DUET, BHU PET, AMU, TISS NET, or the necessary entrance exams. Master of Social Work degree is open to all ages. Currently, MSW degree in India is a very popular and high-demand course and offers a high job scope for aspirants after immediately passing out.
The basic eligibility required is the following:
- Completed Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a recognized college with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category are provided with a relaxation of 5% in the minimum percentage of aggregate marks obtained.
- Students from Humanities/Social Science/Science/Management and other backgrounds are also eligible for the MSW course if they have scored a minimum of 50% from a recognized college or institute.
- As mentioned above, the candidates also have to qualify for the entrance exam, if any.
Who can pursue this course?
MSW course should be pursued by candidates who wish to pursue jobs in the social and humanitarian sectors.
Candidates who want to have a career as a social worker should pursue this course. Officials of big multinational companies who are in charge of corporate social responsibility can opt for this course. Candidates who aspire to other career options can also opt for this course. Similarly, individuals who wish to set up their own NGOs can look to complete the MSW course.
BSW (Bachelor of Social work) graduates can pursue this course for improving their job prospects. Candidates can opt for the MSW degree immediately after the completion of their bachelor’s degree. Candidates can also pursue this course after gaining some relevant experience in social work. Moreover, the candidates have some knowledge about fieldwork before pursuing an MSW course. Working professionals can do the MSW course through online or distance education mode and improve their skills and knowledge.
- First, fill and submit your application form online. If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a call from our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submission to book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidance throughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!