- July 1, 2023
- Posted by: Sahaswi
- Categories: Online Education, Science, UG Programs
A BSc Horticulture program subjects focus on the science and art of cultivating plants for food, ornamental purposes, and environmental sustainability.
The subjects covered in a BSc Horticulture program may vary depending on the university or college offering the degree.
This BSc subject provides an overview of the field of horticulture, including its history, scope, and the importance of horticultural practices in agriculture and landscaping.
List of subjects in BSc Horticulture:
Plant Science: This BSc subject covers the fundamental principles of plant biology, including plant anatomy, physiology, morphology, and genetics. The BSc Horticulture program explores the processes of plant growth, development, and reproduction.
Soil Science: Soil science focuses on the study of soil properties, soil fertility, soil conservation, and the role of soils in supporting plant growth. Students learn about soil classification, soil analysis, and the management of soil health and nutrients.
Plant Propagation: This BSc subject introduces students to the techniques of plant propagation, including seed propagation, vegetative propagation (cuttings, grafting, layering), tissue culture, and nursery management.
Plant Nutrition: Students learn about plant nutrient requirements, nutrient deficiencies, and the principles of fertilization. This BSc subject covers topics such as soil amendments, fertilizers, and the role of nutrients in plant growth and development.
Plant Pathology: Plant pathology deals with the study of plant diseases, their causes, and management strategies. Students learn about the identification, prevention, and control of plant diseases caused by pathogens such as fungi, bacteria, viruses, and nematodes.
Horticultural Crop Production: This BSc Horticulture subject provides an in-depth study of the production techniques for specific horticultural crops, such as fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, and medicinal plants. It includes topics like crop physiology, cultivation practices, post-harvest management, and marketing.
Landscape Design and Management: BSc Horticulture students learn about the principles of landscape design, including site planning, plant selection, hardscape elements, and sustainable landscape management practices.
- First,fill out and submit your application form If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a callfrom our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submissionto book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via the Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidancethroughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!