- November 17, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, UG Programs
Basically, B.Tech IT or Information Technology is a 4-year undergraduate course. This program prepares students in the concepts of software development, information security, business software, and maintaining databases and networks. B.Tech IT course directed toward a bright future in the fields of software engineering and development.
Both students and parents favor a career in information technology, as there are plenty of opportunities abroad. This success of IT is also due to its ability to improve a commoner’s life. In fact, B.Tech IT course becomes popular and high in demand since IT is a dominant industry in India. Students need to be good in Maths and Physics to excel in this line of studies and work.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Information Technology course:
The B.Tech Information Technology degree requires one to fulfill certain eligibility criteria provided below to apply for this course:
- The candidates need to complete their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- They must have studied Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as their main subjects in 10+2.
- The students must clear the cut-off of the entrance test.
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech Information Technology through Lateral Entry will have to complete their 3 years diploma course from a recognized board.
- An aspirant must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Also, a minimum of 50% must be scored in 10+2 to get eligible for selection.
- Additionally, students must register their interest in the entrance examinations such as JEE to ensure that they have all the qualifications for admission.
- The age of candidate must be a minimum of 17 years old.
Numerous startups have bloomed over the past few years. Some of these startups have gained so much popularity that they have become world-famous. B.Tech Information Technology degree holders may take up jobs in various IT sectors of the country. Apart from the IT field, candidates may find jobs in non-IT sectors like banks, hospitals, and government organizations.
Moreover, B.Tech Information Technology students may also opt for an academic career. They may either pursue an M.Tech IT or go for an MBA or Master of Computer Applications. Various course options are also available to them like a post-graduate diploma. Some of the most popular job profiles for B.Tech IT Engineers are Software Engineer, Web Developer, Application Developer, Network Engineer, etc. The average B.Tech IT salary starts from INR 4,50,000 to INR 6,00,000.
If you want to enroll B.Tech Information Technology course from a well-reputed university, then feel free to contact us.