- November 22, 2022
- Posted by:
- Categories: Distance Education, PG Programs
M.Lib.I.Sc degree or Master in Library & Information Science course is a year-long professional post-graduate degree. It is also known as MLIS or Master of Library Science. This course mainly deals with advanced library principles and information science practices. After graduation from the Master of Library Science course, the graduates can work as librarians, Junior Information analysts, Information architects, Library attendants, Integrated Library System Application specialists, etc.
Master of Library and Information Science is a unique field that comprises the study of the principles and practices of Library Administration. It is also responsible for the accreditation of institutions imparting Library and Information Science education and training and promotion of Library Science Education. Master of Library Science course includes subjects like library networking, online and digital library services, library science research, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Master of Library Science Course:
- The students must have obtained an undergraduate degree in a relevant stream from a recognized institute.
- There should be no specific age limit for enrolling Master of Library and Information Science course in India.
- The graduates should pass the entrance exam conducted by colleges for admission, to get into the best colleges for Master of Library Science in India.
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or an equivalent degree from a recognized University or Institution are also eligible to enroll this course.
- Some institutes allow graduates in Arts, Commerce, Science, Business Administration or Computer Applications to pursue this degree.
- There are various Library science schools that provide Master of Library Science degrees. Distance learning library science programs at Masters’s level are also offered here.
A Master of Library Science course prepares the graduates to take up the information challenges of the future as per technology development. The students can pursue a higher degree like M.Phil. or a Ph.D. course after completing a Master of Library Science. With M.Lib.I.Sc degree, one can get excellent job scope in Libraries or can also take up a research-oriented career in this area.
In this field, it is meant for those graduates who want to conduct research as Information Scientists and also should contribute to the development of the field of Information Science. Those students who want to increase their specialization in all branches of knowledge, which are becoming more interdisciplinary in nature, can obtain this degree.
The Master of Library Science degree provides strong organizational skills. Having good knowledge about the education system, adding new books, and maintaining the books also includes in this. They also are very ethical and have a strong desire to work around people and offer a broad overall knowledge of life and the world.
- First, fill and submit your application form online. If you have any doubt, contact us.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive a call from our expert counselor.
- Then select the course and university according to your interest and eligibility.
- After that, you have to make a smooth and hassle-free online fee submission to book your seat.
- Finally, you will get an admission confirmation directly from the University.
- When you register for any courses via Sahaswi Group of Institutions, you can get full guidance throughout the course completion.
- You don’t need to visit or contact the registered university for your study materials and exam details. Everything will be provided from our side.
- Eventually, you can get an IIP login for free.
- So don’t wait, just enroll and enjoy the benefits of distance learning with us!!